The goal of Bylaw Enforcement is to gain voluntary compliance with City regulatory bylaw requirements using the following means: inform, educate and as a last resort, enforce. Enforcement of Bylaws frequently follows receipt of complaints, however, the City is becoming more pro-active on health and safety issues as well as the enforcement of City bylaws on the promenade, pier and beach areas.
Bylaw enforcement complaints relating to the quality of life, such as noise and nuisance complaints, should be initiated in writing by the complainant, and include the follow information:
- Name of complainant
- Address and telephone of Complainant
- Address of complaint
- Detailed description of complaint (including description and license number of vehicle if vehicle involved)
Anonymity of the complainant will be maintained at all times, except when necessary to give court evidence.
To file complaints call (604) 541-2148.
Coming Soon - Complaint form that can be faxed to (604) 541-2153.
Enforcement methods available to the City of White Rock are:
- Achieving compliance by agreement (voluntary)
- Issuing a fine (Municipal Ticket Information)
- Direct enforcement of those Bylaws that authorize staff to take action
- Court proceedings
View some of the most requested City of White Rock bylaws.
If you are unable to locate a specific bylaw, contact:
- City Clerks Office
Frequently Requested Bylaws
- Unsightly Property [PDF - 55 KB]
- Parks & Beaches [PDF - 656 KB]
- Dog Licensing [PDF - 304 KB]
- Sign Bylaw [PDF - 378 KB]
- Noise Bylaw [PDF - 36 KB]
- Smoking Bylaw [PDF - 271 KB]
- Overlength vehicle on private property [PDF - 6.6 MB]
- Snow removal [PDF - 599 KB]
Disclaimer: The City of White Rock documents contained on this website are for information purposed only. To verify the accuracy and currency of this information, contact Legislative Services as noted above.Go to Top