Road Pavement Overlay Program
When is Road Pavement Overlay Necessary?
- Road pavement overlay is required to replace the road pavement at the end of the pavement life.
Road Pavement Overlay Involves
- Grinding and removal of surface layer of asphalt
- Tack coating outer edges and joints for bonding of new asphalt
- Laying and rolling new hot-mix asphalt
Go to Top
- The City's long range plan is to achieve an overlay program that replaces pavement every 20 years which is the average life expectancy of pavement
- The City currently overlays pavement every 40 years