Garbage & Recycling
Follow the links listed in the menu on the left to find out more information on residential garbage collection, organics and yard waste collection services, recycling collection services and more.
Garbage, Recycling and Organics Collection Schedule and Reminder
Use the My Schedule tool to view your collection day and see what is being collected on your next pick-up date. Use the Put Waste In Its Place tool to find out where to place or recycle an item.
You can also use this tool to:
- View, download and print your collection calendar. After you enter and confirm your address in My Schedule, choose the Get a Calendar button and you will be offered a Print Calendar option.
- Sign up for reminders (email, phone or Twitter)
- Upload to your personal calendar (iCal, Goggle Calendar, MS Outlook)
Monday October 12 - Thanksgiving Day Holiday Collection Schedule
City Facilities will be closed on Monday October 12, 2015.
- There is no change in the residential collection schedule for the week.
White Rock Residential Collection Programs
In order to divert waste from the landfill, garbage collection for single family dwellings moved to alternate week collection in 2012. Residential garbage is collected every second week to help the City meet our 70 per cent waste diversion objective. Recycling and green can collection is weekly.
Visit the Green Can Program Guidelines page for more information on organics and yard waste collection.
Visit the Recycling Program Guidelines, page to find out where you can pick up curbside recycling boxes, bags and acceptable materials.
Questions or Report a Collection Problem
To report a waste collection problem, please contact the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at (604) 541-2181 between the business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note: calls made outside of normal business hours are forwarded to the Fire Department.
The City has established Bylaw 2084 - A bylaw to provide for the collection, removal, disposal of recycling and solid waste to guide garbage and disposal practices and management.
There is no public garbage, green waste, or recycling drop-off location available in White Rock. Residents and businesses can bring their surplus garbage or green waste for a fee to one of the following closest depots:
- Surrey Transfer Station 9770-192 Street, Surrey
- Delta Transfer Station (Vancouver Landfill) 5400-72nd Street, Delta
- Aldergrove Transfer Station 1070-272nd Street, Aldergrove
Contact the depots directly for disposal rates, hours and acceptable items. For more information on disposal facilities, check out Metro Vancouver's website.
If you are unsure of how to dispose of or recycle unwanted items such as old furniture, electronic devices, clothing and other household items contact:
- BC Recycling Hotline (604) 732-9253 or visit them online and they can offer several ideas for proper disposal.
- Enter the item in the Put Waste In Its Place tool.
- Metro Vancouver Recycles Information Centre (604) 432-6200 or visit them online.
Engineering and Municipal Operations Department (604) 541-2181.
Go to Top