Parks & Trails
The City of White Rock features over 80 acres of park land. Visitors and residents alike can participate in the wide variety of leisure opportunities in our parks. Enjoy the majestic views from our hillside walkways, a game of soccer at Centennial Park, a quiet family barbeque at Bayview Park or an evening stroll along the stunning promenade.
- City of White Rock Parks and Trails Map [PDF - 5.9 MB]
- City of White Rock Ruth Johnson and Centennial Park Map [PDF - 2.9 MB]
- Georgia Basin Habitat Atlas [PDF - 206 KB]
- Friends of Semiahmoo Bay Society
- Parks Master Plan [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- ISA Guidelines for Pruning Mature Trees/Why Topping Hurts Trees [PDF - 134 KB]
Off Leash Dog Area
- Located in Ruth Johnson Park
(adjacent to Centennial Park - 14600 North Bluff Road)
- For more information see City of White Rock Opens Off-leash Dog Park
Parks and Recreation Master Plan
The City of White Rock is developing a new Parks and Recreation Master Plan. The Plan will include a review of all the City’s parks and recreation facilities, programs, and services and provide direction for future facility improvements and upgrades as well as new facilities, programs, parks, and trails.
Fields Status Report
Date of Issue: July 15, 2016 - Except Peace Arch Park is CLOSED for maintenance.
Field Status: OPEN
During the fall and winter seasons, all playing fields are rated as MARGINAL. Referees are required to make the appropriate game day decisions concerning field playability. Poor decisions regarding playability will result in field closures for the following weekend.
If water has accumulated in the goal mouth area, user groups are advised not to play as damage under these conditions is most likely to cause closure of the fields. Practicing is prohibited in the goal mouths to reduce the amount of wear and tear. Field lines should be maintained weekly for visibility; please ensure that there is a one metre set back along the side lines.
- Snow-covered fields will be Closed.
- Closed fields cannot be reopened by coaches, referees or associations.
- Coaches are asked to delay the start of a game until frost has lifted.
- Weekend weather forecasts can be found at: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-62_metric_e.html
- Fields are not to be used for practice sessions. Practices should be held at all-weather facilities.
- Please respect a one metre set back along the sidelines.Only linesmen should be in this one metre area.
Please ensure coaches do not warm up goalies in the goal area in order to maintain field conditions for gameplay during the winter months.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. HAVE A GREAT SEASON!
Questions and concerns can be directed to:
Engineering and Municipal Operations
877 Keil Street, White Rock, BC V4B 4V6
T: (604) 541-2181
Pier and Promenade Info
|Pier||1,542 ft||or 0.28 miles||or 0.47 km|
|Promenade||7,199 ft||or 1.36 miles||or 2.19 km|
|Pier to Bay St||3,116 ft||or 0.59 miles||or 0.95 km|
|Pier to Finlay St||4,083 ft||or 0.77 miles||or 1.24 km|
Please note, that the following are prohibited on the pier and promenade:
- Inline Skating
- Dogs, with the exception of service dogs
Level of Service
- Removal of trash from Parks and the waterfront
- Removal of debris from the beach
- Tree, shrub and turf maintenance
- Service and maintenance of irrigation systems and drinking fountains
- Upkeep of playground areas, dedicated benches and picnic facilities
- Trimming of roadsides, lanes, boulevards and pedestrian walkways
- Maintenance of sports fields and other recreational facilities
- Support staff for special events such as the Tour de White Rock
Parks Bylaws and Policies
Tree Removal in Parks
As per the Street and Traffic By-Law No. 1529 [PDF - 599 KB] , no person shall trim, prune or cut down any tree or shrub on City property, pathway, roadway or laneway.
For further information on our Parks, you can contact us at:
877 Keil Street, White Rock, BC V4B 4V6
Please note that calls after office hours are forwarded to the Fire Department. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Go to Top