Mayor's Parking Task Force
The City of White Rock, with representatives from the Business Improvement Association and waterfront businesses have joined forces for the purpose of exploring parking and related options for the waterfront area and immediate surroundings.
1. To develop options for parking that recognize the interests of the businesses along the waterfront and the City of White Rock as a whole, and look to enhancing the public's experience in participating in all activities along the City's waterfont area.
2. To identify options to encourage more patrons to visit the waterfront during the winter months, along with off-setting revenue sources if they impact the City's budget.
3. To examine the feasibility, including costs and revenues for all stakeholders, for the various options that would enhance parking and other modes of transportation opportunities for the public to access the waterfront area. This could include opportunities for the public to access the waterfront area. This could include opportunities to increase the number of parking stalls available for the waterfront.
4. To develop performance measures to be used in the evaluation of each recommended solution that may be implemented in order to determine the impact of the option for both the City and the businesses.
5. To ensure the effect of the changes suggested do not result in a net decrease in parking revenues in either the short or long terms.