Health & Social Committee
The mandate of the Health and Social committee is to consider, evaluate and provide advice to Council on health and social issues referred to it by Mayor or Council. The Committee's activities shall align with Council's vision and strategic goals, thus enabling Council to bring practical action to their vision, and the Committee to focus their energies on these prioritized tasks.
The Health and Social committee will work towards accomplishing a wide-range objectives as follows:
- Review items related to health and social matters
- Consider items related to housing diversity, services for persons with disabilities, homelessness, safety and emergency planning matters
- Review the Leisure Services Master Plan including the Centre for Active Living and monitor its implementation
- Liaise with other council appointed Committees and any other community stakeholders or organizations as required
- Prepare an annual report on its activities throughout the year, as well as the action plans for all tasks referred to it by Council
The Health and Social committee meets monthly from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.