- Confirm it was your collection day by checking the schedule
- Is there a contamination notice/sticker advising containers are:
- Too heavy or too large (Up to 110L in size and 50 pounds in weight)
- Exceeds the limit
- Not properly presented
- Recyclable items in garbage
- Were containers placed curbside by 8 a.m.
- Were containers visible to collection crews
If none of the above apply, and materials were not collected by 4:30 p.m, please contact the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 604-541-2181 between the business hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The City has established a Solid Waste Bylaw (PDF) to provide for the collection, removal, disposal of recycling and solid waste to guide garbage and disposal practices and management.