Garbage & Recycling
|Request for Recycling Containers, Green Can Waste Stickers or Extra Garbage Pickup Decals: If you would like to purchase blue plastic or red glass recycling boxes, yellow paper recycling bags, green waste stickers or extra garbage pickup stickers, please fill out the online form or visit City Hall for purchase.|
IMPORTANT: Changes to City of White Rock solid waste collection due to COVID-19
The City of White Rock continues to provide solid waste collection during the COVID-19 global pandemic. To protect the public and employees, the following important measures are now in place.
|Someone sick in your home |
If you or a member of your household is sick, all personal waste (garbage, recycling, food scraps) must be double-bagged and tightly sealed and placed into the regular garbage collection.
Food Waste/ Scraps
Green bin yard waste
Residential Curbside Collection Schedule
Enter your address on the My Schedule search below to view or print your schedule.
Collection & Containers
The City of White Rock provides solid waste collection for all single family homes, eligible townhouses and apartment complexes of 6 units of less.
White Rock Recycles App
- Use the Put Waste In Its Place search engine to take the guess work out of sorting garbage, recycling, food scraps and more
- View your upcoming collection schedule
- Get notifications the night before or morning of your collection day
- Sign up for a Service/Emergency alerts using this tool. Follow these steps to sign up for alerts (PDF)
- Upload your collection schedule to your personal calendar
Please remember the City of White Rock currently has a manual curbside collection system, which means crews have to physically lift the garbage into the truck. Larger containers are not suitable for our manual collection system because the crews are not able to safely lift them. Also, for health and safety reasons, collectors are not permitted to reach into a container to remove the contents.