Garbage & Recycling
Residential Curbside Collection Schedule
Enter your address on the My Schedule search below to view or print your schedule.
To print your schedule, click "Get a Calendar" then "Print Calendar".
Collection & Containers
The City of White Rock provides solid waste collection for all single family homes, eligible townhouses and apartment complexes of 6 units of less.
Please have your garbage, organics/yard trimmings and recycling ready for collection by 8 a.m. on your collection day or it may not be collected.
Waste Collection during COVID-19Solid waste collection services are operating normally during COVID-19; however, for the safety of the public and employees, White Rock residents are asked to continue separating their waste properly. Note: If you or a member of your household is sick, all personal waste (garbage, recycling, food scraps) must be double-bagged and tightly sealed and placed into the regular garbage collection.
Garbage Waste: All garbage must be placed in a closed and securely tied garbage bag, including personal hygiene items. Garbage bins with un-bagged or loose items will not be collected.
- Garbage is collected every other week. Each property is allowed up to two cans every other week.
- Garbage containers are not provided by the City. Each container shall not exceed 4 cubic feet or 110 litres in size (one standard garbage can size), and together with the contents, should not exceed 50 pounds Containers are available to purchase from local hardware stores.
- All garbage must be placed in plastic bags and tied securely before putting in your garbage bin. Do NOT place loose waste in your garbage bin. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Green waste / yard trimmings is collected every week. Each property is allowed up to a combination of 10 containers / kraft bags per week.
- Green waste/yard trimmings containers are not provided by the City. Each container shall not exceed four cubic feet or 110 litres in size (one standard garbage can size), and together with the contents, should not exceed 50 pounds. Containers are available to purchase from local hardware stores.
- Food scraps/food waste must be wrapped. Un-bagged or loose food waste/scraps in green waste bins will not be collected.
- Recycling is collected every week. Each property requires a blue box for plastic / metal containers, a red box for non-deposit glass containers and a yellow bag for paper products.
- Blue and red recycling boxes are available for purchase at most City facilities. There is no charge for the yellow paper recycling bag.
- If you are unsure if an item is recyclable, click on the "Sort It" tab in the ReCollect app, then type the name of the item and click "Search".
If you would like to purchase green waste stickers or extra garbage pickup stickers, please fill out the online form or visit City Hall for purchase. Blue plastic, red glass recycling boxes or yellow paper recycling bags can be purchased at City Hall.
The City of White Rock currently has a manual curbside collection system, which means crews have to physically lift the garbage into the truck. Larger containers are not suitable for our manual collection system because the crews are not able to safely lift them. Also, for health and safety reasons, collectors are not permitted to reach into a container to remove the contents.