- City Services
- Water & Drainage
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is monochloramine safe?
- What will the impact of monochloramine be?
- What are the long-term health effects of monochloramine?
- What is the amount of ammonia that will be added and will there be an impact on my health?
- Does using monochloramine increase the cost of water?
- Do home water softeners remove monochloramine?
- Does bottle water have monochloramine?
- What does chloraminated water taste like?
- If monochloramine is such an effective disinfectant, why is it not used in every community?
- Is monochloramine safe for swimming pools?
- Will monochloramine make my water clear?
- What is water main flushing?
- What are water mains?
- Why are you "flushing" the water mains?
- How do you clean the water mains during flushing?
- How long does it take to flush the water mains on each street?
- How will I know when you are flushing water mains on my street?
- Can I use my water when you are flushing the water mains on my street?
- My in-home medical equipment requires water to operate. What should I do?
- What do I do if I need water during the time that I am not supposed to use water?
- I have time delayed appliances or water conditioning systems. What should I do?
- Is the Fire Department aware of the water main flushing?
- Will I notice anything different after you have flushed the water mains?
- How do I get rid of the discoloured appearance?
- What should I do if the water is still discoloured after two or three hours?
- What if someone drinks the water when it is discoloured?
- What else may I notice about my water after you have flushed the water mains?
- Why can't you flush the water mains at night?
- Where will you drain the water used in the flushing program?
- Does discharged water affect the environment?
- Do other cities have similar water main flushing programs?
- I lost water service. Why, and what do I do?
- Why does flush-water (hydrant or at the tap) appear discoloured?
- Is the water safe to drink?
- How will you pay for the water main flushing program?
- Will I be paying for the water used in flushing?
- Is water main flushing a waste of water? Is this counterproductive to conservation?