Water Service Disconnection

A Water Service Disconnection Application (PDF) needs to be filled out before demolition of a building. The City will go on site to decommission and remove the water meter and shut the water off to the property. The meter is removed to avoid any damages to the meter during construction.

The application fee for a service disconnection is $72. Please submit the application and payment to the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 877 Keil Street.

Water On / Off

A Water On/Off Permit is required to temporarily have the City water services shut off. The City turns off the water at a curb stop at the property line. The application fee is $52

Allow at least 48 hours notice from the time of full payment is required when requesting water to be turned on/off. If this is an emergency, please contact the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 604-541-2181.