Planning & Development
The Planning Department is responsible for providing professional advice to City Council regarding future land use and growth management in the City, developing various land use plans and strategies intended to encompass various aspects of community life, processing many different types of development applications, and coordinating public consultation events.
Planning responds to various public inquiries, and maintains data related to demographics, relevant regulations, and policy plans that affect private property throughout the City. Planning also provides assistance to the Board of Variance and the Advisory Design Panel. The Planning Department is also responsible for tree management on private property.
To learn more, click on one of the hyperlinks below:
- Interested in development applications?
- More interested in the White Rock Online Mapping System (WROMS)?
- Need to make a Tree Management Permit application?
- Want to find the latest compilation of relevant Planning documents (e.g. forms, guides, bylaws)?
- Want to find out more about community planning?
The Building Department reviews and processes a variety of applications relating to works on, in, or around buildings or structures on private property to ensure that these works are compliant with provincial and municipal codes and regulations. This includes building permits, demolition permits, sprinkler permits, pool permits, plumbing permits, and permits relating to oil tank removal.
The Building Department is also responsible for inspections to verify that the proposed works have occurred as planned and permitted.
The Licencing Department is responsible for the granting and licencing of business activities in the City of White Rock. This department also oversees certain aspects of the dog licencing process.
Find further information regarding the business licencing process in White Rock.
Bylaw Enforcement Department
The Bylaw Enforcement Department upholds and enforces a wide variety of City bylaws relating to quality of life and land use, including nuisance (noise, unsightliness, smoke) and other incompatibilities.
Planning & Development ServicesPhone: 604-541-2136
Building and Permit Inquiries
Tree Protection (Private Lands)
Parking ServicesPhone: 604-541-2100
- Do I need a permit to cut down a tree on my property?
- What is the zoning of my property?
- What can I build on my property?
- What information is required to submit a residential building permit application?
- How do I apply for a business license?
- How can I pay my parking ticket?
- How can I report a bylaw complaint?
- Where can I obtain a marriage license?
- Where can I obtain a fishing license?