- Business & Development
- Filming in White Rock
Filming in White Rock
INFORMATION FOR FILM PRODUCTION COMPANIES
It starts with the application: Please use the Online Application at least 7 business days before your plan to go to camera.
A beautiful oceanfront setting, Canada's Longest Pier, a historic train station, modern skyscrapers and a mid-century city hall - White Rock has many 'looks' for your next project!
Less than 45 minutes away from the major film studios and the Vancouver Airport and only 5 minutes away from the Canada/USA Border, White Rock has hosted commercials, TV productions, and movies and invites your production to discover this City by the Sea!
A strong supporter of the film industry with a dedicated film office in Recreation & Cultural Services, White Rock offers a one-stop, film-friendly application process for all of your filming needs. To discuss your next project, location services and to sign up for our exclusive industry e-newsletter, contact: Film Coordinator 604-541-2252 or by Email
- Five Corners and Miramar Plaza Virtual Tour
- West Beach, Pier, Promenade and Marine Drive Virtual Tour
- East Beach Virtual Tour
- Centennial Park and Ruth Johnson Park
- White Rock City Hall and White Rock Library
- View our Civic Facilities and Parks Showcase for location suggestions
- City of White Rock Film Policy
- Noise Bylaw
- Other City Bylaws
- Creative BC Code of Conduct for Film
- REEL Green Sustainable Filming Practices
FILM PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Call the Film Office 604.541.2252 or Email to check on desired location and date availability.
2.Please complete the Online Application at least 7 business days before your plan to go to camera.
3. Your application will be reviewed within one business day and a checklist will be sent to ensure your project is a success! Submission of an application does not guarantee the issuance of a permit. We will be asking for a COVID-19 Safety Plan along with the usual production details.
Finally, pay for your permit and enjoy a successful filming experience!
2023 Filming Fees
|Filming Permit Application Fee (includes inspection)||$357 - Fee includes one day of filming|
|Filming Fees - Additional Days (includes inspection)||$112 per day|
|Film Office Administration Fee||15% of fees|
|Damage Deposit||Minimum $5,000|
|Business License (one year)||$150|
|Set Supervision (if required)||Cost Recovery|
|Operations Site Supervisor, RCMP or Fire Personnel||Cost Recovery|
|RCMP Administration Fee||10% on RCMP Final Costs|
|Fire Rescue Services Deposit||Cost Recovery|
|Pay Parking Stalls (streets, lots)||Current Rates|
|Centennial Arena Parking for Circus||$3.00 per stall, per day|
|Street Use (work truck parking - no signage provided)||$60 per 30 meters|
|Location on Pier per day (minimum + cost recovery if costs exceed minimum)||$1,428|
|Location on Promenade per day (minimum + cost recovery if costs exceed minimum)||$1,032|
|Street Use on Location Filming per block, per lane||$100|
|Other City Park or Land Site||$610 per day|
|City Building Site per day unless hourly rate applies||$470|
Note: Prices are plus GST. GST #106930662 RT.
INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
The City of White Rock is a strong supporter of the film industry and encourages sustainable production. The City of White Rock Film Office is the first point of contact for productions looking to film here. To contact our Film Office, please call 604.542.7580 or Email
To find out about productions currently shooting in BC, see Creative BC's In Production List.
To register your property or business as a filming location or to find out more about the process, please go to Creative BC's website.