Filming in White Rock
INFORMATION FOR FILM PRODUCTION COMPANIES
A beautiful oceanfront setting, Canada's Longest Pier, a historic train station, modern skyscrapers and a mid-century city hall - White Rock has many 'looks' for your next project!
Less than 45 minutes away from the major film studios and the Vancouver Airport and only 5 minutes away from the Canada/USA Border, White Rock has hosted commercials, TV productions, and movies and invites your production to discover this City by the Sea!
A strong supporter of the film industry with a dedicated film office in Recreation & Cultural Services, White Rock offers a one-stop, film-friendly application process for all of your filming needs. To discuss your next project, location services and to sign up for our exclusive industry e-newsletter contact: Film Coordinator 604.541.2252 or Email
- Five Corners and Miramar Plaza Virtual Tour
- West Beach, Pier, Promenade and Marine Drive Virtual Tour
- East Beach Virtual Tour
- Centennial Park and Ruth Johnson Park
- White Rock City Hall and White Rock Library
- View our Civic Facilities and Parks Showcase for location suggestions
- City of White Rock Film Policy
- Noise Bylaw
- Other City Bylaws
- Creative BC Code of Conduct for Film
- REEL Green Sustainable Filming Practices
FILM PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Call the Film Office 604.541.2252 or Email to check on desired location and date availability.
2. Once you choose the White Rock location(s) for your project, complete the Online Application at least 7 business days before your plan to go to camera.
3. Your application will be reviewed within one business day and a checklist will be sent to ensure your project is a success! Submission of an application does not guarantee the issuance of a permit. We will be asking for a COVID-19 Safety Plan along with the usual production details.
Finally, pay for your permit and enjoy a successful filming experience!
2021 Filming Fees
|Filming Permit Application Fee||$318 - Fee includes one day of filming|
|Filming Fees - Additional Days||$106 per day|
|Business License (one year)||$150|
|Operations Site Supervisor, RCMP or Fire Personnel||Cost Recovery|
|City Building Site||$453 unless hourly rate applies|
|Location on Promenade||$843 per day (non-exclusive use)|
|Pier||$1,165 per day (non-exclusive use)|
|Other City Park or Land Site||$582 per day|
|Sidewalk Site per Location||$473 per day|
|Pay Parking Stalls||Current hourly rate|
|Street Parking||$13 per space per day|
|Street Use Fees||$58 per (30 metres or 100 feet) per day|
Note: Prices are plus GST, plus a 15% Film Admin Fee. GST #106930662 RT. On Set Liaison hourly rate as required.
INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
The City of White Rock is a strong supporter of the film industry and encourages sustainable production. The City of White Rock Film Office is the first point of contact for productions looking to film here. To contact our Film Office, please call 604.541.2252 or Email
To find out about productions currently shooting in BC, see Creative BC's In Production List.
To register your property or business as a filming location or to find out more about the process, please go to Creative BC's website.