How to Apply (New Buskers)
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Busking Auditions. Please include the following information:
- Description of performance (including instruments and/or props, style of music, etc)
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Website (if applicable)
- In the email, either request a live audition appointment, or provide a link to a video application. Please note: live auditions are only scheduled for April and May. At other times of the year, permits are only approved via a video application.
- Applicants will be notified via email or phone once the application has been reviewed.
- Successful applicants will need to fill out a buskers contract and submit it along with payment to the White Rock Community Centre. View the Buskers' Guidelines and Contract (PDF).
How to Apply (Previously Approved Buskers)
- Read and sign the Buskers' Guidelines and Contract (PDF)
- Come to the White Rock Community Centre during business hours to pay the $25 fee and receive the ID Badge.
- The Busking Annual License is valid May 1 to April 30.
- The license fee for May 1 to April 30 is $25 for individuals and $50 for a group.
- Buskers are required to obtain a permit prior to commencing work.
- Permit restrictions and program guidelines will be given at the time the license is issued.
Scheduling & Locations
Nine areas are designated for busking in the license. The locations are:
- Five Corners, Johnston Road and Pacific Avenue
- The ATM on Marine Drive at the foot of Martin Street
- East Beach, Marine Drive and Ash Street
- East Beach, Marine Drive at Finlay Street
- The green park space next to the white rock on the beach, east of the pier
- Oxford Comfort Station, White Rock Promenade and Oxford Street
- Memorial Plaza at the Coastal Cradle
- Whale Wall, corner of Russell Avenue and Johnston Road
- White Rock Museum and Archives, West Plaza.
Performers must have their permit visible to the public at all times. Locations are available to play seven days a week beginning at 10AM and ending by 9PM. Performances will start on the hour and be a maximum of 45 minutes in length. This allows for 15 minutes to set-up and take-down. All spots are first come first serve. If another busker is waiting, please limit your time to one hour. Keep your performances limited to max of 45 minutes per location per day. People want to see varied content and acts. Share your location with other buskers. That means if other performers are waiting for the same location, share your spot after one hour or less. If two buskers show up at the same location at the same time, take turns and work it out or try jamming together.
View our Buskers Map (PDF).