Parks Bylaws & Policies
Tree Removal in Parks
As per the Street and Traffic By-Law (PDF), no person shall trim, prune or cut down any tree or shrub on City property, pathway, roadway or laneway.
Bylaw No. 1567 - A Bylaw to provide for the management of tree removal on private lands on or near ravines and watercourses, and in areas identified as containing significant stands of trees.
Bylaw No. 675 (PDF) - A Bylaw to regulate and govern the use of Parks. Council Policy - No. 605 Tree Removal (Parks)
- Fields Status Reports
- Maintenance of sports fields and other recreational facilities
- Removal of debris from the beach
- Removal of trash from Parks and the waterfront
- Service and maintenance of irrigation systems and drinking fountains
- Support staff for special events such as the Tour de White Rock
- Tree, shrub and turf maintenance
- Trimming of roadsides, lanes, boulevards and pedestrian walkways
- Upkeep of playground areas, dedicated benches and picnic facilities