White Rock’s promenade runs almost the entire length of the beach and provides lots of ways to get to the beach and attractions. Take your time and stroll from one East beach to West beach and enjoy the beautiful ocean scenery.
White Rock Pier
The 470-metre-long White Rock Pier is a major attraction in White Rock, and is a destination filled with family memories, walks on the beach and fish and chips.
This unique wood construction was built in 1914 and underwent restoration in 1977. In December 2018, it was torn in half during a winter storm and was repaired in time for a summer reopening in 2019.
Facts about the White Rock Pier:
- Originally constructed in 1914/15
- Extends north-south into Semiahmoo Bay
- Unique wood construction
- 470 metres long
- Underwent restoration in 1977
- Breakwater located at its southern end
- Significantly damaged during the severe storm of Dec. 20, 2018, with wind gusts exceeding 90/km hour, heavy rain and a heavy tide
- Damaged promenade was reconstructed and reopened in July 2019
- Official reopening took place Sept. 21, 2019
- Dogs are not allowed on the pier at any time