Committees and Boards
City of White Rock Committee/ Task Force Information
The City of White Rock Council establishes Committees, Commissions, and other advisory bodies from time to time to ensure opportunities for input from specified groups or members of the general public.
|COVID-19 Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City will be conducting virtual public meetings and meetings of the City's Boards and Committees. Advisory Committee meetings will be livestreamed and archived on the City's website. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.|
NEW: Changes to City Committees and Task Forces
The City of White Rock places great value on the volunteer support provided to the City through our Advisory Committees and Task Forces.
City Council has approved changes to the Community Advisory Committees and Task Forces. As a result, some will be merged, some will no longer be active, and others will continue to operate with changes.
All committees and task forces in the future will be chaired and vice-chaired by members of White Rock City Council. The Mandate on the Terms of Reference for each Advisory Committee will be enhanced, work requested by Council will be clearly stated, criteria will be set for selecting committee members and there will be consideration as to the frequency of meetings. Training programs for volunteers and annual work plans will also be added. Changes are expected to increase efficiency and ensure alignment with Council’s Strategic Priorities while continuing to provide strong opportunities for community engagement. Where committees have been discontinued, their work will take place in other City committees or in existing committees in the community.
- Council and staff will rely on the Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and the Kent Street Activity Centre Executive Committee for advice and input on seniors’ matters.
- The “water quality monitoring” element of the mandate of the Water Community Advisory Panel will now be included in the Environmental Advisory Committee.
- The Tour de White Rock Committee and the White Rock Sea Festival Committee will be repositioned as Working Groups that assist staff in the annual staging of the events.
- The COVID-19 Recovery Task Force at the end of their term (June 1, 2021), will have its mandate consolidated into the Economic Development Advisory Committee for consideration of any ongoing impact and consequences on the City from the pandemic and its aftermath.
The current meeting schedule will remain in place until March 31, 2021, when the current City Advisory Committee Member appointments are scheduled to end.
The next steps will include a full review by Council of each of the Advisory Committee Terms of Reference, mandates and work that is required. Recruitment for the City Advisory Committees is expected to begin late April or early May. The exception is the Water Community Advisory Panel. The panel was given an extension to meet at least three more times to complete discussions regarding water utility rates. These meetings will be scheduled as information is ready to be brought forward.
The new City Advisory Committee roster includes:
- Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- History and Heritage Advisory Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Public Art Advisory Committee
You may view the March 15, 2021 Special Council Meeting at this link.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or 604-541-2212.
- Click here to view the 2021 Committee Calendar , or view the Events Calendar. *Please note that meeting schedules are subject to last minute changes and cancellations.
- To view a full list of Committee/Task Force members appointed by the City, please view the 2019-2020 Council Committee Appointment Document.
- To view a full list of the City of White Rocks Committees and Staff Liaison, please visit the Committee/Task Force Organization Chart
If you have never joined an online meeting using Microsoft Teams before, please visit the Teams Meeting page
For more information please contact Corporate Administration at:
- Email Corporate Administration
- Phone: 604-541-2213
City of White Rock Committee Volunteer Opportunities
To review current vacancies on a City Committee please visit the City Committee Volunteer Opportunities Page.