Public Art Advisory Committee
Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings of 50 or more persons. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City has postponed all public information meetings, public hearings and meetings of the City’s Boards and Committees until the end of May, 2020. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.
- 4th Thursday of each month (or as scheduled), at 4:00 p.m.
- White Rock City Hall - 15322 Buena Vista Avenue
* For a full list of 2020 Committee dates please see the 2020 Committee Meeting Calendar on the main Boards & Committees Page
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The mandate of the Public Art Advisory Committee (PAAC) will be to advise Council on the implementation of public art policies and projects for the City of White Rock.
The purpose of the Public Art Policy is to:
- Ensure artwork and the creative concepts of artists are supported through the City’s Public Art Program.
- Ensure public art continues to make the environment visually beautiful and reflects both White Rock’s character and a broader cultural diversity.
- Establish a sustainable funding mechanism to support the City’s commitment to public art.
- Guide City staff in the implementation of the Public Art Program.
- Serve as an act of public trust and stewardship for public art.
Advisory Body Resources
- Terms of Reference - Council Policy 147
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Policy 120
- Public Art Policy 708
Council Representatives (non-voting):
|Councillor Christopher Trevelyan|
|Councillor Anthony Manning (Alternate)|
|Barb West, Chairperson||Barbara Cooper, Vice-Chairperson|
|Elise Dufour||Yvonne Everson|
|Gary Kennedy||Ulee Maschaykh|