White Rock Sea Festival Committee
Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings of 50 or more persons. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City will be conducting virtual public meetings and meetings of the City's Boards and Committees. Advisory Committee meetings will be livestreamed and archived on the City's website. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.
- 3rd Thursday of every month (or as scheduled) at 4:00 p.m.
- White Rock City Hall- 15322 Buena Vista Ave
* For a full list of 2020 Committee dates please see the 2020 Committee Meeting Calendar on the main Boards & Committees Page
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The White Rock Sea Festival Committee (the Committee) is mandated by City Council to organize, promote, and host a high profile elite caliber summer festival called the White Rock Sea Festival. The Committee will have the authority to act on behalf of the municipality to ensure the festival is a success through revenue generation, acquiring corporate sponsorship, developing business community relations, event marketing and arranging festival activities and entertainment. The Committee will govern the event, and be responsible for developing operating principles.
Advisory Body Resources
- Committee Terms of Reference - Council Policy 153
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Council Policy 120
Council Representative (non-voting):
|Councillor Helen Fathers|
|Councillor Christopher Trevelyan (alternate)|
|Donna Campbell, Chairperson||Maureen Beales|
|Heather Crawford||Iryna Filonova|
|Karen Huang||Fay Kubacki|
|Anita Nielsen||Cindy Poppy|
|J. Brian Sullivan||Peter (Bida) Zheng|
* All members of the Sea Festival Committee have been appointed with a term ending December 31, 2020.