Dogs on the Promenade Task Force
Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings of 50 or more persons. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City will be conducting virtual public meetings and meetings of the City's Boards and Committees. Advisory Committee meetings will be livestreamed and archived on the City's website. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.
- The Dogs on the Promenade Task Force will schedule one final meeting in 2020 at a date and time to be confirmed.
* For a full list of 2020 Committee dates please see the 2020 Committee Meeting Calendar on the main Boards & Committees Page.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The City of White Rock Council approved a trial period for dogs on leash to be allowed to be on the Waterfront Promenade. The term of the trial period was from October 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
The Dogs on the Promenade Task Force had been formed in advance of the trial period to determine the approach used to assess the relative success or failure of allowing dogs on the promenade.
On Sept. 14, City Council voted to continue the bylaw approved in 2019 for the pilot project. The task force will have one further meeting in 2020 and report to City Council.
Advisory Body Resources
- Terms of Reference - Council Policy 162
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Council Policy 120
|Councillor Scott Kristjanson, Chairperson|
|Councillor Helen Fathers (alternate)|
|Annabelle MacDonald||Arlene MacDonald|
|Kim Sanderson||Diane Scott|