Changing Names or Mailing Address for Property Tax or Water Utility Accounts

How names and addresses are managed for property tax and water utility accounts

The City of White Rock mails property tax notices and water utility bills to the owners on record with the Land Title Office.  The City does not mail to tenants.  Both the tax notice and the water utility bill are mailed to the same name and address, we cannot direct the mail to different addresses.  

Note, for most strata properties the water utility bill is mailed to the strata or property management company; individual owners do not normally receive a water utility bill.

Changing your address

To change the mailing address for your property tax and water utility account, contact BC Assessment at 1-866-825-8322 or fill in the change of address form online.  BC Assessment will update your address and then forward the address change to the City.  By making the change through BC Assessment you will ensure that you receive your annual property assessment notice from BC Assessment in January.

Note, when filling out change of address forms, White Rock's Area is 14 and our Jurisdiction is 236.

Changing your name

Name changes must be done through the Land Title Office.  See the "Change my Name" section of the Land Title Office website for more information.  Once the name change is processed by the Land Title Office, the information will be forwarded to both BC Assessment and the City.