Last Updated April 3, 2020
COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) has now been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. The City of White Rock wants to ensure that residents stay healthy and informed during this emergency situation, and maintain two metres social distance from each other to stop the spread of the virus.
Like all municipalities in B.C., we take our direction on this important health matter from Fraser Health, the BC Health Ministry and the Public Health Agency Canada.
The BC Centre for Disease Control indicates a growing number of cases of COVID-19, and a number of related deaths, in B.C. The goal now is to contain the spread to allow health care responders and hospitals to treat COVID-19 patients and other patients as needed.
If you are feeling unwell or have health conditions that may be impacted by respiratory illness, health authorities suggest staying at home. The B.C. government is providing a self-assessment tool that you can use to help determine if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
And, finally, please be safe, everyone. Take care of each other and remember we will all get through this together.
- City of White Rock making temporary changes to parking during COVID-19 pandemic - April 3, 2020
- A message from White Rock City Council on the COVID-19 Pandemic - March 26, 2020
- Province reports local case of COVID-19 in seniors’ home - March 25, 2020
- City of White Rock ensures seamless leadership during COVID-19 despite staff changes - March 24, 2020
- City of White Rock closes Pier in battle against COVID-19 - March 24, 2020
- IMPORTANT: Changes to City of White Rock solid waste collection - March 23, 2020
- City of White Rock closes Waterfront parking lots March 23 to help with social distancing - March 22, 2020
- City closes four playgrounds to stop spread of COVID-19 - March 20, 2020
- White Rock’s Fire Chief shares City’s preparation for COVID-19 - March 19, 2020
- City of White Rock closes City-run buildings, offers services by phone, email and web - March 18, 2020
- White Rock cancels Committee meetings due to COVID-19 pandemic - March 18, 2020
- Additional City building closures due to COVID-19 - March 17, 2020
- City of White Rock temporarily closes facilities, cancels programs starting March 16 - March 16, 2020
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information - March 13, 2020
- Where to get information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - March 5, 2020
To keep the community safe and to help slow down the spread of COVID-19, the City of White Rock is temporarily closing City Hall and will be offering services by phone, email and online. All City of White Rock-operated buildings are temporarily closed and programs cancelled.
Committee and City Council Meetings
Committee meetings are cancelled until the end of May 2020.
City Council meetings will continue and will be available by livestreaming at www.whiterockcity.ca/councilmeetings.