COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: June 17, 2020

Here are some responses to questions you may have about COVID-19 and the City of White Rock.

Are all City of White Rock buildings closed to the public?  

The City of White Rock has closed all of its City-operated buildings to the public and is ensuring that staff are working a safe distance from each other or working off site to provide essential City services.

We continue to offer City services by phone, email and online.  View the affected City services or visit our Online services at www.whiterockcity.ca/online or contact 604-541-2100.

We look forward to reopening City buildings and resuming regular business when it is safe to do so, following the lead of our health authorities.

Is solid waste collection happening as usual?

Solid waste collection continues. For details, visit whiterockcity.ca/waste for more information.

Are White Rock’s Promenade and Pier open?

The White Rock Pier reopened on Wednesday, June 17 and the Waterfront Promenade reopened on Tuesday, May 26.
Please keep two metres or more apart from those not in your immediate circle and be kind and patient with others as we continue through BC’s Restart Plan.

The White Rock Pier and Waterfront Promenade were previously closed to help flatten the curve and spread of COVID-19.

How has parking changed during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Parking at the Waterfront is affected by the temporary closure of the West Beach Parkade.

All waterfront parking lots along West Beach and East Beach have reopened for the public. Please follow all parking regulations as noted on the parking signs. For details, visit whiterockcity.ca/parking.

Are parks still open?

All parks have been reopened, and the City’s four playgrounds reopened on June 1. We ask that people respect the social distancing rules of two metres (six feet) or more.

What is happening with TransLink service?

Customers are asked to travel on transit only if necessary. For information about routes affected, visit www.translink.ca/servicechanges.

Are restaurants open in White Rock?

With Phase 2 of the BC Restart plan now in effect, restaurants, cafes and pubs have reopened with sufficient distancing measures across British Columbia. Click here for more information on the BC Restart Plan.

Where can I get information related to businesses and COVID-19?
Visit sswrchamberofcommerce.ca and click on COVID-19 Updates and Resources.

Are libraries open?

Libraries are operated by Fraser Valley Regional Library and have re-opened with an express pick-up option. The building remains closed due to COVID-19. Please visit fvrl.bc.ca for more information.

Is the White Rock Museum and Archives open?

The White Rock Museum and Archives is closed. Updates will be posted at whiterockmuseum.ca

Who can I call if I have a workplace concern or question?

Workers and employers with questions or concerns about workplace exposure to COVID-19 can call WorkSafeBC’s Prevention Information Line at 604-276-3100 in the Lower Mainland (toll-free within B.C. at 1-888-621-SAFE). You’ll be able to speak to a prevention officer to get answers to your questions, and if required, a prevention officer will be assigned to assess the health and safety risk at your workplace.

For other questions about COVID-19, contact:

  • 1-888-COVID-19 (1-888-268-4319) for non-medical information about COVID-19
  • 8-1-1 (HealthLink BC) to talk to a nurse if you need advice about how you are feeling and what to do next.

What’s happening with City drinking fountains?

The City of White Rock will delay turning on drinking water fountains at parks and public spaces until the risk of COVID-19 has passed.

People are encouraged to use their own, well-washed, refillable containers with water from home if they are going out for exercise or for critical errands.

Where can I get reliable information about COVID-19?

Visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19 for links to reliable information.

Where can I donate masks and other protective equipment in White Rock?

Donations are being collected by the Ministry of Health through SafeCare BC: Operation Protect at www.safecarebc.ca/operationprotect . Supplies are distributed throughout the region based on need.