COVID-19 Recovery Task Force
Due to the subject matter of the Task Force, meetings will commence as soon as possible and be held through electronic means. Once the COVID-19 global pandemic/ related Provincial Health Orders permit then all meetings will be open to the public unless designated as closed to the public pursuant to Sections 90 and 93 of the Community Charter.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The COVID-19 Recovery Task Force (CRTF) is established to assist local businesses and social services during the COVID-19 pandemic and to prepare for the City’s reopening.
The CRTF will:
- Advocate with senior levels of government for remedies to ease the economic burdens created by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Provide information and education to the community on resources and programs available to support business and build community resiliency;
- Work with stakeholders in the community to identify new initiatives to achieve economic recovery for businesses, workers and the community; and,
- Consider the social and economic impacts of reopening White Rock, including restarting businesses that are currently closed.
Advisory Body Resources
- Terms of Reference - Council Policy 166
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Council Policy 120
Council Representatives (non-voting):
|Deputy Mayor, Chairperson|
|Next Scheduled Deputy Mayor, Vice-Chairperson|
|Brian Hagerman||Dan Northam|
|Ernie Klassen||Stephen Crozier|
|Ritu Khanna, Representative of South Surrey/ White Rock Chamber of Commerce||Adrianna Spkyer, Representative of Fraser Health Authority|
|Alex Nixon, Representative of White Rock Business Improvement Association||Karen Bjerke-Lisle, Representative of White Rock Museum and Archives|
|David Young, Representative of Sources Community Resource Society||Vacant, Representative of Semiahmoo First Nation|
|Vacant, Representative of White Rock Branch of the Fraser Valley Regional Library||Ange Chew, Representative from Explore White Rock|
*all members of the COVID-19 Recovery Task Force have been appointed with a term ending June 1, 2021.