Online Activities and Events
Staying connected while safely apart.
White Rock is a friendly, active community that welcomes people of all ages and abilities to enjoy all our City by the Sea has to offer - and right now we are doing a lot more to connect online. To keep our employees and our community safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic many of our civic facilities have limited in-person hours. To stay connected, scan below for a selection of online activities and resources.
While we stay physically apart for now, it’s important that we stay in touch. Here are some things to do in White Rock - let's stay connected!
Do you have a way to connect the community online? Email us email@example.com
online recreation and culture
The White Rock Museum and Archives have released the first video episode of the White Rock History Quiz. You are invited to test your knowledge of White Rock's history by taking the quiz with your friends and family to compete for bragging rights. The video is hosted by White Rock Museum and Archive's Manager, Hugh Ellenwood.
connect online with your community
Community Arts and Culture
- Visit Semiahmoo Arts - online arts activities and resources
- Visit White Rock's The Drama Class - now online virtual classes
- Visit White Rock's Hilarapy - online improv course for kids 6-10 to play - try the first 3 for free! Or try Hilarapy's Monthly Program for adults
- Visit Blue Frog Studios Live Streaming - White Rock's place for professional music can be viewed at home
- Visit the White Rock Library online - click on the digital content tab for an amazing list of online books, magazines and other resources
- Visit Explore White Rock - visitor information for White Rock
- Visit the White Rock Museum & Archives - check for the latest online quizzes and walking tours
Community Social Services
- Visit Seniors Come Share online - a new online platform to continue to provide programs and services to older adults - check out the daily programs and activities. Need a laptop or tablet? Equipment is available to borrow.
Visit the BC Community Response Network - sign up for webinars and other resources
- Find even more seniors resources listed in our COVID-19 Resources section below
Stay Connected with Local News and Support Local Businesses
- Check out the Peace Arch News digital edition
- Check out White Rock's Business Improvement Area website here. The White Rock BIA represents the local businesses and commercial property owners of White Rock. They provide information on their website about their member local businesses
- Check out the White Rock South Surrey Chamber of Commerce here. The Chamber has created a number of resources, including a 'Support Local' page for local businesses that are still operating and have adapted their services. This is available to all businesses in the community.
For more information on COVID-19, including updates from the City, frequently asked questions, local business information, review the following resources:
- City of White Rock updates – www.whiterockcity.ca/covid19
- Resources for seniors - www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
- Fraser Health Authority – www.fraserhealth.ca
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) – www.bccdc.ca
- Non-medical information – 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319
- Medical information – 8-1-1
- Public Health Agency of Canada – www.Canada.ca/en/public-health