June 4, 2023
Bayview Park and Memorial Park
15300 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC
Walk the Rock, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Fundraiser
Sunday, June 4, 2023
The Peace Arch Hospital Walk the Rock fundraising event for medical imaging will take place on Sunday, June 4, 2023, from 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. along the White Rock Beach Promenade.
The Peace Arch Hospital Walk the Rock fundraising event for medical imaging will take place on June 4, 2023, from 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. along the White Rock Beach promenade. Walk participants will receive a pedometer, swag bag with goodies to help support a healthy lifestyle, activity tickets for the fair portion of the event, and an entry to win grand prize. In addition to the walk, there will be fair activities, raffles, and food carts! Bring the family down and enjoy a day at the beach with all proceeds going to benefit our local hospital!
- 10:30 - 11 a.m. & 11 - 11:30 a.m. Anytime Fitness Warm Up Session
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Walk portion of event
- 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Fair activities open at Memorial Park
- The Walk the Rock Fundraiser begins at Bayview Park located at the end of West Beach. Participants will check-in, receive their swag bag, odometer and be invited to participate in a warm-up session provided by Anytime Fitness
- Warm up Anytime Fitness Sessions will be offered at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Walk participants can check in to Bayview Park anytime between 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- The walk will start at Bayview Park, continue down the boardwalk, up to the end of the pier and back to the finish of the walk at memorial park
- A photo scavenger hunt will be available for those who want to participate.
- Food carts & food trucks will be situated in front of White Rock Museum. Participating food carts and trucks will be donating 10% of their net earnings from the day to the fundraising event.
- Fair Activities will be available to the public from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Memorial Park.
The activities will be:
- Bouncy Castle
- Face Painting/Balloon Animals
- Snack Station (we will be selling Krispie Creams)
- Make Your Own Flower Arrangement Station
- Air Brush Tattoo Station
- 50/50 Raffle
- Foundation Information Tent
Children age 4 and under can participate for free but will not receive the benefits (swag bag, activity tickets, prize entry) that comes along with a full price ticket. If you would like to purchase a full price ticket for children 4 and under to receive the benefits that comes with the full ticket price, you are welcome to do that.
All participants who purchase a ticket to the walk portion of the event will be entered to win a week stay at the Delta Grand Kelowna in a 2 story, two-bedroom, two-bathroom, lake view condo with a whirlpool during wine festival. This stay is valued at almost $9,000.00.
This is a community lead event.