Want to share your ideas for White Rock’s Town Centre? Participate in the two Town Centre Design Workshops:
- Saturday, July 6 (1:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.): Town Centre Design Workshop #1
- Tuesday, July 9 (5:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.): Town Centre Design Workshop #2
The Town Centre design workshops will feature display boards and interactive activities for all attendees and will take place at the White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue).
For those interested in a more hands-on session facilitated by our design consultants, there will be two activities 'Design Town Centre' and 'Build Town Centre'. These sessions require registration.
- Design Town Centre is a graphic facilitated table station where participants will share their ideas and input for the Town Centre in a plan view (two-dimensional).
- Build Town Centre is a model block facilitated table station where participants can use the blocks to explore their ideas for building heights, open spaces and massing for future development in the Town Centre (three-dimensional).
For session details, schedules and information on how to register, please visit talkwhiterock.ca.
Official Community Plan Review:
Over the next two years (2019-2020), the City will be working with the public to get feedback and make sure the community's views are understood and shared with Council, so any updates made to the Official Community Plan (OCP) reflect the long-term needs of our community while balancing the needs of residents, local businesses, and property owners.
Below is a list of topics that will be reviewed in the Official Community Plan:
- Strengthening Transit
- Greening the City
- Improving Housing Affordability
- Expanding Peace Arch Hospital
- Monitoring OCP Goals to Measure Success and Track Implementation
- Enhancing the Waterfront (Waterfront Enhancement Strategy)
- Reviewing the Town Centre (Height, Density and Public Space Network)
- Reviewing Building Heights outside of the Town Centre
The City of White Rock launches an Official Community Plan Review
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
City Hall (Lower Level)