The City of White Rock continues to seek input from homeowners, renters and businesses into the collection of garbage, green waste and recycling in the City with an online survey.
We want your feedback on:
- The current waste collection service being offered
- Other waste collection services and information provided by the City
- Proposed changes to waste collection services provided by the City
Your feedback will help the City understand the preferences of residents and business owners regarding solid waste management. Click here to start the survey. The survey closes on Friday, March 6.
The City hosted an information open house on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at the White Rock Community Centre. Review the information boards from the open house here.
Facts about Solid Waste Collection in White Rock
White Rock City Council identified the review of multi-family and commercial waste pickup as one of the 2018 – 2022 Council Strategic Priorities.
- In mid-2015, the City of White Rock made changes to its delivery of solid waste services, in line with recommendations of a solid waste study on best practices. The changes included the privatization of multi-family and commercial solid waste pickup, as well as a transition from cost recovery through property taxes to a user-fee model for single family homes.
- White Rock City Council has directed a review of the decision to privatize multi-family and commercial waste pickup after receiving feedback from the community during the strategic priority consultation process. The public feedback suggested a desire to return multi-family and commercial solid waste to City of White Rock collection.
- The City has retained Dillon Consulting to review waste collection services and to obtain community input on the options that include City collection, or City-managed collection, for multi-family and commercial waste or maintaining the status quo for pickup.