As you know, the World Health Organization has declared the COVID-19, novel coronavirus outbreak, a global pandemic.
Nowhere in our history has there been a time when it is so critical that we stand together to protect our community.
This is what your Council is doing to keep you safe:
- Continuing local government
- Maintaining emergency services, such as police and fire
- Maintaining essential City services, such as water treatment, solid waste collection and waste disposal
- Providing information to the public via the website, including links to trusted health information sources
- Closing public buildings and outdoor recreational spaces to minimize the spread of infection.
Senior staff are meeting frequently to keep the community and City employees safe. The City is in constant contact with Provincial and Regional partners to ensure the latest information and criteria are shared and applied.
Please continue to play your important role as members of the community.
- Practise good hand hygiene
- Cover your mouth with your sleeve or a tissue when you cough
- Don’t touch your eyes
- Keep two metres away from others
- Stay at home and away from others when you are sick.
Let’s all recognize the health care workers in our community as well as the businesses that ensure we have the goods and services we need. And thank you to those who are staying home to stop the spread of the virus.
Please remember to be kind to one another, to help those in need, and to reach out to friends and family using social technology.
We are all in this together, and we will get through this together.
For information, including how to reach the City of White Rock, visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19