The 2020 due date for property taxes is July 2, 2020. In order to provide financial relief to our residents, the last day for payment with no penalty is September 30, 2020. This change in penalty date will allow a 90-day extension to pay taxes without late penalties.
The 2020 property tax notices have now been mailed to all registered property owners. If you do not receive your notice by the second week of June, please contact the Financial Services Department at White Rock City Hall at 604-541-2280 or 604-541-2107.
All property owners, even new owners, are responsible for payment of property taxes by the due date to avoid penalty, regardless of whether a tax notice is received.
Save Time and Go Online
- Visit whiterockcity.ca/hog to claim your Home Owner Grant.
- Pay online through your Financial Institution. See the back of your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
- Register for e-Billing and view your property tax information online at my.whiterockcity.ca
- Online through your Financial Institution – See the back of your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
- At your bank – Financial Institutions DO NOT accept Home Owner Grant applications.
- Mail a cheque – ensure your folio number is listed on the front of the cheque. Payments must be received by the due date. Mail lost or delayed by the Post Office will be subject to Penalty.
- Drop Box – Use the secure Drop Box to the left of the main doors at City Hall - 15322 Buena Vista Ave.
- Please Note: City Hall is closed to the public due to COVID-19 for the safety of our staff and residents. For more information, visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19
A 10 per-cent penalty will be levied to all accounts with outstanding balances on October 1, 2020. The penalty is also applicable on the home owner grant portion of your taxes. Unclaimed home owner grants are considered unpaid taxes and are subject to penalty.
For more information, please visit whiterockcity.ca/taxes.
Changes to the Provincial Property Tax Deferment Program
The province has changed the application and renewal process for the Property Tax Deferment Program. Applications can no longer be submitted to the City of White Rock. They must be made through the province’s website.
To apply or for more information, visit gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment or phone 1-888-355-2700.
Please Note: The deferment program does not include the “Other Fees & Charges” amount included on your tax notice or any applicable Home Owner Grant. To avoid penalties, apply for your grant and pay the “Other Fees & Charges” by the tax penalty date.