Are you prepared if a serious disaster were to occur in your area?
Emergency Preparedness Week (May 3 - 9, 2015) encourages Canadians to be prepared to cope on their own for at least the first 72 hours of an emergency while rescue workers help those in urgent need.
Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Create an emergency kit and store it in a safe accessible place.
- Locate and tag water, power and gas shutoffs in your home.
- Store water at home and work.
- Be sure to keep your vehicles gas tank at ¼ full at all times.
- Secure any items that may fall in the event of an earthquake.
- Keep a pair of shoes and a flashlight beside all beds.