There are currently a variety of opportunities to get involved with the City. Learn more, and apply!
Public Art Advisory Committee
The City of White Rock is seeking volunteers to provide insight and expertise to serve on the Public Art Advisory Committee.
Public Art Advisory Committee (PAAC): to advise City Council on the implementation of public art policies and projects for the City.
To meet its mandate, the PAAC will advise on:
- The development of an annual public art plan in conjunction with the budget review process to identify and prioritize appropriate projects and locations for public art in White Rock.
- Developing and ensuring the application of established procedures and guidelines on a project-by-project basis, including selection process.
- Project design, development, implementation and maintenance issues.
- Issues, new trends and future needs related to the delivery of the Public Art Program in White Rock and recommend changes as required.
The Public Art Advisory Committee will consist of up to seven (7) voting members appointed by Council from the community at large, one (1) non-voting member of Council and City staff as required.
Note: The majority of the committee members must be City of White Rock residents, artists or representatives of local arts or cultural organizations.
Please submit a resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications for the Public Art Advisory Committees to:
Tracey Arthur, City Clerk
The Corporation of the City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
email@example.com; or Fax: 604-541-9348
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., July 3, 2015.
All applications/resumes may be made available to City of White Rock Council and staff for review. The information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Beverley by Cressey presents Tour de White Rock
We need your help! The City is looking for volunteers on Friday, July 17 from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. and/or Saturday, July 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or individuals willing to billet riders to help support our fantastic Tour!
All volunteers receive:
- Free dinner and merriment at the Volunteer Banquet Dinner on July 16
- A 2015 Tour de White Rock t-shirt
- Refreshments and snacks during the event
- Training and support
To find out more or sign up as a volunteer or billet, contact White Rock Recreation and Culture at 604.541.2199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Community Plan Working Group
Join an informal advisory body for the Official Community Plan (OCP) review. The Working Group will comprise of a diverse membership and provide direct input to the City’s planning staff throughout the review process.
Members of the Official Community Plan Working Group will be responsible for the following objectives:
- Educating themselves and others on relevant community and planning issues
- Promoting transparency and public participation in the OCP review process;
- Including diverse stakeholder interests in the OCP review process; and
- Providing feedback, advice and recommendations to City staff on all aspects of the OCP review process, and primarily on the development of the Official Community Plan.
If you’re an interested resident, business owner, or stakeholder, please review the complete terms of reference for the Official Community Plan Working Group.
‘Letter of Interest’ forms to participate on this Working Group must be submitted to the City by no later than July 10, 2015. Downloadable forms are available online, or pick up a hard copy at the Planning & Development Services Department in City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue.