The City of White Rock invites residents to review the City’s draft financial plan and provide comments as the City prepares for a budget public meeting on March 8.
The City’s proposed 2021-2025 Consolidated Financial Plan will be presented to the City’s Finance and Audit Committee for public consultation and review during a virtual meeting at whiterockcity.ca/agenda on Monday, March 8 at 5 p.m.
The City prepares a Five-Year Financial Plan each year showing the City’s operating and capital programs and how they are funded. According to B.C.’s Community Charter, the City must adopt its 2021-2025 Financial Plan Bylaw by May 15, 2021.
What to Expect
The City of White Rock’s budget process involves balancing the delivery of services and programs with property taxes, fees and charges, and funds from other sources.
Many items will look familiar to residents who were involved in public consultation that helped to shape the decisions of Council in previous years.
The City anticipates an impact from the COVID-19 pandemic on the budget in 2020 and 2021 and is receiving senior government funding that is expected to offset much of the projected deficit.
How to Give Input
Here are some options for providing comments about the draft Financial Plan. A copy of the draft plan is available for review at whiterockcity.ca/budget.
Submit your comments by noon on March 8, 2021
- Email Mayor and Council at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line FINANCIAL PLAN
- Send mail to White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Ave. White Rock, B.C. V4B 1Y6
- Drop mail at City Hall’s secure drop box, left of the front door of 15322 Buena Vista Ave.
Speak at the meeting by phone or call into the meeting live
- Register to speak before 4 p.m. on March 8, 2021. Contact email@example.com or 604-541-2127 where you will be given the details on how to call into the meeting.
- Call in live during the March 8 meeting. Those who register by 4 p.m. will be given the first opportunity to speak. Those who do not pre-register can watch the meeting at whiterockcity.ca/agenda and listen for instructions on how to make a submission.
Mayor Darryl Walker
“In White Rock, we engage with residents and listen to your views throughout the year to ensure we are planning the future of this great city together. I encourage you to review the draft Financial Plan and tell us your thoughts. When preparing the budget, we strive to achieve that important balance between spending and revenue that allows us to meet the needs of our community.”