The City of White Rock wants to hear from renters or potential renters who can share their experiences about renting in White Rock during an online forum on June 10.
The City wants to hear from you regarding your experiences, as follows:
- Are you able to find a place to rent when you are searching?
- Is rent affordable or expensive for you?
- What do you need in a home, including the number of bedrooms and specific amenities?
The White Rock Renters’ Forum will be hosted by CitySpaces Consulting Ltd. and the City on Thursday, June 10 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. via Zoom. Interested in participating? Please register in advance.
Here’s what Renters’ Forum participants will need:
- A computer or mobile device with good internet connection. Video capability is optional.
- A pair of headphones if using a computer for audio.
- A telephone. Further information will be shared upon registration.
Please register at this link: Meeting Registration - Zoom
Housing Needs Report
In 2019, the Province passed legislation requiring local governments to collect and analyze population and housing-related data to identify current and future housing needs and reflect those needs in a Housing Needs Report.
The two parts of creating this report involve summarizing core data from the Province and getting input from the community.
In January, the City launched a Housing Needs Survey and received 400 responses. The results can be found here.
All of the information collected is being used to help the City better understand local housing needs and experiences.
Mayor Darryl Walker
“There are very few things as important to people and to families as their homes. In White Rock, we want to hear your stories. We want to understand your housing needs and if they are being met. I encourage everyone who is a renter in White Rock, or who would like to be a renter in White Rock, to participate in this online forum.”