The 2021 due date for property taxes is Friday, July 2, 2021. The 2021 property tax notices have now been mailed to all registered property owners. If you do not receive your notice by the second week of June, please contact the Financial Services Department at White Rock City Hall at 604-541-2100.
All property owners, even new owners, are responsible for payment of property taxes by the due date to avoid penalty, regardless of whether a tax notice is received.
NEW for 2021 - Apply for your Home Owner Grant online.
Effective 2021, homeowners no longer apply for the home owner grant through the City of White Rock. Everyone now applies directly to the Province of BC using their new online system.
Apply today at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or call 1-888-355-2700 to speak with an agent.
Save Time and Go Online
Apply for your Home Owner Grant online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.
Pay online through your Financial Institution. See the back of your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
Register for e-Billing and view your property tax information online at my.whiterockcity.ca
- Online through your Financial Institution – See the back of your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
- At your bank – Financial Institutions DO NOT accept Home Owner Grant applications.
- Mail a cheque – ensure your folio number is listed on the front of the cheque. Payments must be received by the due date. Mail lost or delayed by the Post Office will be subject to Penalty.
- Drop Box – Use the secure Drop Box to the left of the main doors at City Hall - 15322 Buena Vista Ave.
- Please note: City Hall is currently closed for taking payments due to COVID-19. Please visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19 for updates on City Hall accessibility. See the back of your tax notice for all payment options.
To avoid late payment penalties, property tax payments must be received in full on or before July 2. Any current year amounts outstanding after this date, including Home Owner Grants, will be charged a 5 per cent penalty. An additional 5 per cent penalty will be applied to 2021 taxes and levies unpaid after August 16, 2021.
Interest will be charged on arrears (2020) and delinquent (2019) taxes until paid. The Province of BC sets the rates on a quarterly basis.
For more information, please visit whiterockcity.ca/taxes.