The Fall season is underway, which means additional rain and fallen leaves. The City of White Rock encourages residents to locate storm drains on or near their property or business and help keep catch basin covers free of leaves and debris to prevent road flooding.
The City collects green waste (yard trimmings and food scraps) curbside every week:
- Each property can put out up to 10 containers of green waste (containers, kraft bags, bundles or combination) weekly for curbside collection
- Yard trimmings, such as plants, flowers, grass cuttings, leaves and branches are allowed
- Branches up to 7.5 cm (3 in) in diameter and 1 m (3 ft) in length are accepted in tied bundles
- Bundles and containers must not block sidewalks, laneways or streets and can weigh no more than 50 lbs each. Sod, rocks, soil and plastic bags, even those listed as biodegradable or compostable, are not accepted.
Green Can Program
- The City does not supply green waste containers. Any container up to 110 liters in size can be a Green Can. Purchase a regular garbage can (available for purchase at retail locations).
- Attach a free City supplied Green Can decal on the outside of your container to identify it from your regular garbage can.
- Decals are available at no charge. Request a decal with the online form or available for pick-up at most Civic facilities.
Sign Up for Reminders
Download the free White Rock Recycles app to receive collection day notifications as well as program reminders and important service disruption alerts. Phone, email or Twitter notifications can also be set up. Visit www.whiterockcity.ca/recycle to download and to sign up.
For more information, visit the Green Can program webpage, or contact the Engineering and Operations Department at 604-541-2181 or email email@example.com