This year Seniors’ Week runs from June 5 to 11, 2022. BC Seniors’ Week is a time to celebrate seniors and their many contributions to our city by the sea. Seniors are an integral part of our community, with over 29% of White Rock’s population being over the age of 65.
The City of White Rock offers opportunities, resources, and services to seniors to stay active, informed, and engaged in our community.
Seniors’ Activities and Events:
- Dance to the sounds of live music on Wednesday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Dance. Every Wednesday evening, the Kent Street Activity Centre hosts Kent Street Dances. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
- Fresh & Lively Luncheons takes place on Friday, June 17. Enjoy a delicious lunch and live entertainment to the Kent Street Activity Centre. Reservations will be required, please contact Brella Community Services Society 604-531-9400 ext. 201.
- Learn how to protect yourself from the latest scams at a fraud-awareness workshop on Wednesday, June 11 at the White Rock Community Centre. This workshop is co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing.
- Delicious and nutritious frozen meals are on sale at the Kent Street Coffee Shop every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Volunteers are a vital link to success of the Kent Street Activity Centre. Opportunities include the coffee shop, computer instructors, mini-bus drivers, and fundraisers. For more information, contact 604-541-2231.
Join the Kent Street Activity Centre:
The Kent Street Activity Centre is the hub for many activities for seniors – from bus excursions and educational opportunities to social dances, workshops, fundraisers and more. Seniors can connect, stay active, and learn new skills by joining the Kent Street Activity Centre. Purchase an annual membership, which includes:
- Seventeen (17) different activity groups including snooker, bridge, carpet bowling, table tennis, and more.
- Membership pricing for all Kent Street Centre special events.
- Enjoy a $5 discount on popular 55+ excursions - view the Excursion and Activity Guide.
Take part in centre activities before purchasing a membership – Try out any Kent Street Activity Centre activity group three (3) times for free before purchasing. View the Kent Street activities at a glance.
Seniors’ Resource Guide
Find seniors focused programs and groups in the Semiahmoo peninsula by visiting whiterockcity.ca/seniors
Stay Informed on the Latest in White Rock
Get connected with the city – sign up for the city’s enewsletter and recreation newsletter and follow the city on social media.