The City of White Rock is encouraging all eligible voters to use their voice and vote in the upcoming 2022 municipal election on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
Voters will elect one (1) Mayor and six (6) Councillors.
The School Trustee for the City of White Rock was declared by acclamation to Laurae McNally of White Rock, B.C. at 4 p.m. September 20, 2022.
How and Where to Vote
Voters have the choice to vote by one of the following options:
1. General Voting Day
Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at any one of three voting locations:
- White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue
- Centennial Arena, 14600 North Bluff Road
- Kent Street Activity Centre, 1475 Kent Street
2. Advance voting will be held between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Thursday, October 6; 2022; and
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022
All Advance voting will be held at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue (free underground parking is available).
3. By Mail
Those wanting to vote by mail may do so by registering with the Chief Election Officer, Tanalee Hesse before 4 p.m. on October 13, 2022.
Contact the Chief Election Officer by phone 604-312-5854 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be counted, your mail ballot must be received by the Chief Election Officer no later than 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 15, 2022 of General Voting Day.
Please note that if you have registered to vote by mail you are no longer eligible to vote in person.
Who Can Vote?
Eligible voters in the City of White Rock must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Are 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Are a Canadian citizen (Note: landed immigrants are not eligible to vote)
- Have lived in B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before voting day
- Are not disqualified by law from voting
- Resident or registered owner of property in the City of White Rock at the time of voting
Qualifications for non-registered property electors are outlined at whiterockcity.ca/election.
How do I register to vote?
You do not need a voting card to vote, but you do need to be registered. Find out if you are already registered by calling Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683 or check on-line at www.elections.bc.ca
To register on the day of voting, bring two (2) separate pieces of identification (note: one (1) piece must include your signature).
Who is Running for Office
Candidates have been announced for the upcoming City of White Rock municipal election. There are four candidates running for the Office of Mayor and 16 candidates running for the Office of Councillor.
Candidate profiles are available to review at whiterockcity.ca/election.
To learn more about the 2022 City of White Rock municipal election, visit whiterockcity.ca/election, or contact the Chief Election Officer, Tanalee Hesse at 604-312-5854 or email email@example.com.