The inaugural White Rock Arts Festival is taking place throughout White Rock from October 21 to 23, 2022. The festival invites the community to celebrate the City's arts and culture scene, meet local artists, and participate in art, dance, and music.
With 24 events happening over 19 sites, festival highlights include the Literary Festival, hosted by the White Rock BIA, at the White Rock Community Centre on Sunday, followed by a “Pop-Up Party” at the Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery on Sunday evening. Most festival events are drop-in and free of charge, with the exception of a few ticketed performances.
Other happenings include:
- Soul rocking rhythm and blues music from Horojo Trio at Blue Frog Studios on Friday October 21. Purchase tickets on Blue Frog Studios’ website.
- Author/illustrator of “What the Seal Saw,” Carla Maskall, teaching participants how to create a seal out of felt on Saturday, October 22, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery
- XBa dance instructors leading learn-to-dance demonstrations in a fusion of popular and cultural dance styles, from ballet to breakdance, on Sunday, October 23 – 1p.m. to 3p.m. at the XBa Centre of Dance
- The exhibit “Lest We Forget: White Rock During the War Years” at the White Rock Museum & Archives
- Mural co-creation with artist, Allan Turton, that celebrates White Rock! Pick up a paint brush and draw what makes White Rock special to you while listening to local musicians on Saturday and Sunday at the Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery
- Enter the raffle to win prizes at the Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery and White Rock Community Centre, including season tickets to the Playhouse Theatre, unique art from local Pop-Up artists, and an art basket to infuse your creativity
Download the festival map and learn complete event details by visiting whiterockcity.ca/ArtsFestival