Enjoy 'spooktacular' activities in White Rock this Halloween weekend and learn Halloween safety tips from White Rock Fire Rescue.
Join us for a spooky-skate at Centennial Arena on Sunday, Oct. 30 from 2:45 to 4 p.m.
Wear a costume and receive free admission, plus free candy for early trick-or-treating.
Everyone is welcome for this family-friendly skate. Regular admission is $4.00 per person, or $23 for a family of up to 5 (including rentals).
The zombies are coming to White Rock at the White Rock Zombie Walk, Sunday, October 30 at Memorial Park at White Rock Beach. This free community event features music, photo opportunities, entertainment and prize for best costume and make up!
The White Rock Zombie Walk is presented by UNITI 4 All. Visit UNITI for further event details.
Tips for Halloween Safety
Stay safe this Halloween by following the City of White Rock’s rules for fireworks and safety tips for trick-or-treaters of all ages. White Rock Fire Rescue is also reminding drivers, pedestrians and homeowners of safety tips to help ensure everyone has a safe and fun evening.
Please: No fireworks in White Rock
Fireworks are not allowed to be sold or discharged within the City of White Rock at any time without a permit according to Fireworks By-law 2005 No. 1776.
Safety Tips for Trick or Treaters:
- Respect homes by staying away if the lights are out.
- Be visible – have a flashlight, glow stick or reflective wear.
- Check candy before allowing kids to eat it.
Safety Tips for Homeowners:
- Keep the path leading up to your door free of obstacles for the little ones.
- Keep pets indoors to protect them from hazards and to protect trick-or-treaters.
- Before you light candles in your pumpkin, consider battery-operated candles or glow sticks.
Safety Tips for Drivers:
- Slow down and look for pedestrians – There will be more foot traffic on Halloween night, most will be excited young children, so leave yourself extra time to navigate.
Have a safe and happy Halloween in White Rock!