The City of White Rock, with the support of Fraser Health, is lifting the precautionary boil water advisory to residents and businesses using the White Rock water supply, effective immediately.
On Sunday, May 15, 2016, the City of White Rock initiated a boil water advisory due to negative pressure in the City’s water lines as a result of a significant draw on the water supply to fight a major fire. Tests on all of the City’s water samples taken on Monday and Tuesday morning confirmed that there are no bacterial contaminants in the water supply.
The City acknowledges the inconvenience this may have caused our water users but the health and safety of our citizens was, and will always be, our main focus. We were concerned about the
potential for contamination. Fortunately our sampling and testing has confirmed that there is no contamination. We appreciate the community’s cooperation during this precautionary measure.
The boil water advisory had been issued to residents in the City of White Rock, Semiahmoo First Nation, and some properties in Surrey served by the White Rock water supply.
As a further precautionary measure, residents and businesses are now encouraged to take the following steps:
- Flush all water using fixtures for at least one minute to ensure there is no cloudy (turbid) water present
- Run cold water faucets and drinking water fountains for at least one minute
- Drain and flush all pop machines and ice making machines in refrigerator(s)
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain and re‐fill hot water tanks that are set below 45 C (normal setting 60 C)
- Change any pre‐treatment filters (under‐sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.)
Individuals who are concerned about their personal health can speak with a HealthLinkBC nurse by calling 8‐1‐1, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Members of the public who have general questions are advised to check the City of White Rock website at www.whiterockcity.ca for further information and updates
Update: May 18, 2016 White Rock Water Sampling Summary Results
Update: May 18, 2016 White Rock Water Sampling Lab Results