Update: May 18, 2016 - 12:00 p.m.
Update: May 18, 2016 - 10:23 a.m.
Boil Water Advisory has been Lifted. Media Release from the City of White Rock and Fraser Health Authority
Update: May 17, 2016 - 5:08 p.m.
We acknowledge that the Boil Water Advisory has been an inconvenience; Health and safety is our foremost concern.
- Fraser Health was consulted on and supported the City of White Rock’s decision to issue a Boil Water Advisory.
- Fraser Health is working with the City on the requirements for rescinding/ending the Boil Water Advisory.
- As with all boil water advisories, there is a process to follow that includes testing to ensure the water is safe.
- Once tests confirm the water is safe, Fraser Health informs the City that they can rescind the Boil Water Advisory.
The Water Quality Test Results are now available for view:
Update: May 16, 2016 - 12:30 p.m.
Water is now at full capacity. At this time, regular water usage may resume; however, the boil water advisory is still in effect until further notice.
Update: May 16, 2016 - 9:52 a.m.
Water samples have been taken and sent for testing. The testing requires approximately 18
hours to produce definitive results. An update will be provided on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
Update: May 15, 2016 - 6:35 p.m.
Please see attached Joint Media Release with the City of White Rock and Fraser Health Authority in regard to:
Boil Water Advisory announced for White Rock, BC
2016-05-15 Boil Water Fraser Health and City_final.pdf
Update: May 15, 2016 - 3:30 p.m.
We are aware that there are properties that do not have any water, or have water that is discoloured. We do not believe that the discoloured water is a health concern, however, as a precaution, a boil water advisory is still in effect.
We are anticipating the water supply to those buildings that do not have water will be restored later today.
The fire on Pacific Ave. is now under control but not yet completely extinguished. Fire crews are still on site.
May 15, 2016 - Approximately 1:00 p.m.
- We are asking that you conserve water during this event.
- Boil Water Advisory is expected to be in effect for the next 24-48 hours.
- Check this website for further updates.