QUESTION AND ANSWER
Three (3) members of the public attended to ask questions and comment regarding:
- The White Rock Warming Centre and the hope to have Council support it being open daily from now until March 2023.
- The Council Voting Dashboard on the City website and whether it will continue to be updated with the new Council.
- Safety issues at the intersection of Fir Street and Columbia Avenue.
Answers for questions will be posted on the City website when available.
Two (2) delegations came before Council:
- Members of the White Rock Pickleball Association attended to introduce themselves and enquire about the completion of work on the east side courts and the maintenance of space between the courts.
- Members from the White Rock Events Society attended to discuss the White Rock Sea Festival and plans for the parade float for 2023.
CONTRACT AWARD – NEW WATER WELL #5 DRILLING
Council approved the new water well #5 drilling to Drillwell Enterprises Ltd in the amount of $279,625
EMERGENCY DAYTIME WARMING CENTRE UPDATE
Council approved a recommendation to have the warming centre run daily through to March 31, 2023 regardless of the daily temperatures. Daily operation of the city’s temporary daytime warming centre, regardless of the temperature will align with the nightly operations of the Mount Olive Church cold weather shelter which will provide consistency for those experiencing homelessness during the winter 2022/2023 period.