Public consultation for Phase One of Translink's 10-Year Vision for Metro Vancouver Transit and Transportation runs from Oct. 11 to 31, 2016. The approximately $2 billion plan would increase transit services and improve roads, cycling, and walking infrastructure across the entire region beginning in January 2017.
The public can learn more and provide feedback online at tenyearvision.translink.ca or by attending one of five scheduled Open Houses:
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (North Vancouver City Library, 120 14th St W, North Vancouver)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Meadow Gardens Golf Club, 19675 Meadow Gardens Way, Pitt Meadows)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Collingwood Neighbourhood House, 5288 Joyce St, Vancouver)
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre, 13458 107A Ave, Surrey)
- Monday, Oct. 24, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 8771 Lansdowne Rd, Richmond)
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock)
The input received during the public consultation will help TransLink finalize the Phase One Plan, which will move forward for consideration by TransLink’s Board of Directors and the Mayors’ Council in November 2016. If the Phase One Plan is approved, regionwide transit system improvements will begin in early 2017.