Get Involved With the OCP Review!
Phase 4: Preparation of the Plan and Adoption
We’re updating our Official Community Plan and we need your help! The revised Official Community Plan will provide a renewed vision for White Rock to the year 2045.
With the first three Phases complete, it’s time to finalize the Plan. Phase 4 includes the drafting of the Official Community Plan text and maps, public and stakeholder consultation to solicit feedback on the draft document, and subsequent revisions as required. Once the draft document is refined, the final statutory approval process will be initiated.
There are a variety of ways to get involved with Phase 4. Your input will help shape the future of our City.
View the Draft OCP
Open House (March 9, 2017, 5:00-8:00pm, Centennial Arena Hall)
This event will allow residents to provide input on the proposed new Official Community Plan. Materials at the Open House will outline the Vision and Goals Statements developed in the earlier stages of the OCP process, as well as the guiding principles that help frame the new Plan. A summary of proposed policies will be presented on poster boards, and complete copies of the draft Plan will be available for review.
Pop-Up Engagement (March, 2017 – Various Dates):
City staff will set up shop at various City facilities in March to gather feedback from the public. The following pop-up events have been scheduled:
- March 8, 4:30-8:00pm – Centennial Arena (14600 North Bluff Road)
- March 10, 10:00am-2:00pm – White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue)
- March 14, 10:00am-2:00pm – White Rock Library (15342 Buena Vista Avenue)
- March 14, 5:00-8:00pm – White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue)
- March 28, 10:00am-2:00pm – White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue)
- March 30, 4:00pm-8:00pm – White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue)
- April 1, 9:00am-1:00pm – White Rock Community Centre (15154 Russell Avenue)
- April 1, 11:00am-3:00pm – Memorial Park/ White Rock Museum Plaza
Please visit www.whiterockcity.ca/imaginewhiterock for more information.