NAC Constructors Ltd has been contracted by the City of White Rock to construct the new Water Treatment Plant and all associated work. While our water currently meets Health Canada Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality, the Water Treatment Plant is being constructed to further increase water quality by significantly reducing naturally occurring arsenic and manganese.
The watermain work outlined in this notice is required to supply raw water from the wells at Merklin Reservoir to the new Water Treatment Plant (located next to the Oxford Reservoir) and then distribute the treated water to Merklin Reservoir. This work will ensure that once the Water Treatment Plant is completed, every White Rock water customer will receive a uniform water quality.
Watermain work will take place in a phased approach. Phase 1 will include installing new watermains as follows:
From Goggs Avenue eastward to Everall Street, south to Thrift Avenue, east on Thrift to Merklin Street and north to the Merklin Reservoir. Please see the map below.
Work will be done between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternating single lane traffic flow will be provided around the construction and property access will be maintained.
The estimated schedule is:
- March 26: Start preparations for trench work (Construction layout, locate existing utilities)
- April 3: Start trench work at Goggs Avenue and Everall Street, progressing east.
- April 23: Construction to be at Thrift at Johnston intersection.
- April 30: Construction to be at Thrift at Merklin intersection.
- May 9: Construction at Merklin Pump Station.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding during the construction.
If you have any questions please contact: Tim Frank, NAC Constructors – 604-862-7266 or for the City of White Rock contact; Birk Madsen, A.Sc.T., Engineering Technologist, at 604-541-2192