Phase 1 of Johnston Road Revitalization project is in its final weeks of construction and to complete the final items, Canadian Landscape and Civil Services Ltd. (CLCS) will require access to the full width of Johnston Road. The City of White Rock is allowing a limited road closure during project work hours for the following days:
- Wednesday October 3, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
- Thursday October 4, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
- Friday October 5, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
- Wednesday October 10, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
- Thursday October 11, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
- Friday October 12, from 6:00AM to 7:00PM
PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC AND ACCESS WILL REMAIN OPEN TO BUSINESSES
We continue to be committed to ensuring pedestrians can access Johnston Road businesses; even if there may be intermittent sidewalk closures.
VEHICLE ACCESS DURING WORK HOURS WILL BE LIMITED TO LOCAL BUSINESS DELIVERIES AND EMERGENCY VEHICLES
- To reduce the duration of construction, the City of White Rock is permitting CLCS to close vehicular traffic during work hours only on Johnston Road from North Bluff Road to Russell Avenue.
- Vehicle access will be limited to business delivery vehicles and emergency vehicles.
Traffic Management will be in place to lead out vehicles to alternative routes. There may be some traffic delays in this area
PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS
For customers visiting the area, free customer parking will be available at the parking lot on the corner of Johnston Road and Russell Avenue. Access is from Russell Avenue. Parking is also available along Johnston Road (south of Russell Avenue) and along Russell Avenue.
SCOPE OF WORK
The work includes the following:
- Excavation, removal and disposal of asphalt and fill on the west side of the road
- Concrete work, curbs and sidewalks
- Backfill, compaction, and asphalt paving
- Installation of streetlights
We thank you for your continued patience during Phase 1 of the Johnston Road Revitalization Project.
To learn more about the Johnston Road Revitalization Project, view construction-related photos, and catch-up on previous news items about this Capital Project, please go to: www.whiterockcity.ca/JohnstonRoad
Engineering and Operations
City of White Rock