Phase 1 of Johnston Road Revitalization project is in its final weeks of construction and to complete the final items, Canadian Landscape and Civil Services Ltd. (CLCS) will require access to the full width of Johnston Road. The City of White Rock is allowing a full road closure starting:
- Tuesday, October 9 at 6:00 AM and ends on Friday, October 12 at 7:00 PM.
PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC AND ACCESS WILL REMAIN OPEN TO BUSINESSES
We continue to be committed to ensuring pedestrians can access Johnston Road businesses; even if there may be intermittent sidewalk closures.
VEHICLE ACCESS DURING WORK HOURS WILL BE LIMITED TO LOCAL BUSINESS DELIVERIES AND EMERGENCY VEHICLES
- To accelerate this stage of the construction, the City of White Rock is permitting CLCS (the project’s Prime Contractor) to close vehicular traffic access on Johnston Road between North Bluff Road and Russell Avenue (see map below).
- Vehicle access will be limited to business delivery vehicles and emergency vehicles.
- Traffic Management will be in place to lead out vehicles to alternative routes. There may be some traffic delays in this area.
- Transit routes will continue to be redirected. Please check with TransLink when planning your trip to learn about changes to the transit route you take.
PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS
For customers visiting the area, free customer parking will be available at the parking lot on the corner of Johnston Road and Russell Avenue. Access is from Russell Avenue. Parking is also available along Johnston Road (south of Russell Avenue) and along Russell Avenue.
SCOPE OF WORK
The work includes the following:
- Excavation, removal and disposal of asphalt and fill on the west side of the road
- Concrete work, curbs and sidewalks
- Backfill, compaction, and asphalt paving
- Installation of streetlights
We thank you for your continued patience during Phase 1 of the Johnston Road Revitalization Project.
To learn more about the Johnston Road Revitalization Project, view construction-related photos, and catch-up on previous news items about this Capital Project, please go to: www.whiterockcity.ca/JohnstonRoad
Engineering and Operations
City of White Rock