Question and Answer
Two (2) submissions were received On Table regarding the following:
- A request to include development and promotion of Arts & Culture in White Rock as a Council Strategic Priorities focus area.
- It was noted that this has been addressed within the Council Strategic Priorities 2023 – 2026 document under Section 1F, and that an annual report card on the Cultural Strategic Plan is anticipated to be presented to Council late March/early April.
- Comments received on the 2023 – 2027 Financial Plan public input process, including a request that Council consider a public input forum within the time period of
February 13, 2023 – March 13, 2023.
- It was noted that this will be considered at the appropriate time once the final Financial Plan process timeline is determined.
Two (2) members of the public attended to ask questions and comment regarding the following:
- Road repairs: Concern noted that many of the City’s roads need repair. It was asked when the City will be able to allocate funds to do this work.
- Staff will follow up with further information on the infrastructure paving projects and it was noted that when there is an area of concern the public are encouraged to utilize the City’s Request for Service online portal so matters can be addressed as soon as possible.
- Staff positions and job descriptions: Question raised regarding a list provided to the previous Council in 2022.
- Staff noted this information had previously been provided to the speaker, and that staff will resend the information.
Answers for questions will be posted on the City website when available.
Staff Sergeant Pauls provided a 2022 White Rock RCMP year in review presentation. View the information provided in the presentation.
2023-2026 Council Strategic Priorities
Council’s Strategic Priorities for 2023 to 2026 were discussed and endorsed.
Now that Council has set their priorities, this information will be used to form the development of the 2023 - 2024 budget, the 2023-2027 Financial Plan and 2022 Annual Report.
Priority focus areas identified through this document include:
- Housing and Land Use
- Local Economy
- Organization and Governance; and
During discussion regarding Council Strategic Priorities, Council considered and endorsed the hiring of two (2) new planning staff to help with backlog of applications for review: Building Official 3 and a Clerk Typist 2.
View the full 2023-2026 Council Strategic Priorities document.
Bylaw 2358 – White Rock Zoning Bylaw 2012, No. 2000, Amendment (RS-4 - 15561/15569 Oxenham Avenue) Bylaw, 2020, No. 2358
Council provided final reading for Bylaw 2358, which permits the subsequent subdivision of two (2) lots into three (3), permitting construction of a new single-family dwelling on each new lots at 15561/15569 Oxenham Avenue.
Draft Resolution Brief Regarding Varied Tax Rate for Residential and Business Classes
Council endorsed a letter of support be forwarded, by the Mayor of the City of Langley, for their “Draft Resolution and Brief Regarding Varied Tax Rate for Residential and Business Classes”, that will be forwarded to the Lower Mainland Local Government Association (LMLGA) and the Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM).