The City of White Rock’s Stage 1 lawn watering restrictions start May 1 to align with Metro Vancouver’s lawn watering regulations. Lawn watering is now permitted one day per week for all resident and business property owners.
Residential lawn watering regulations:
- Even-numbered addresses on Saturdays
- Odd-numbered addresses on Sundays
- Automatic lawn watering is allowed 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.
- Manual lawn watering is allowed 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Note: multi- Note: multi-family dwellings are considered even or odd according to the building number, not the unit number.
Non-residential lawn watering regulations:
- Even-numbered addresses on Mondays
- Odd-numbered addresses on Tuesdays
- Automatic watering is allowed 4 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Manual watering is allowed 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Watering trees, shrubs and flowers is allowed any day or time if hand water or using drip irrigation. If using a sprinkler, residents are permitted any day from 5 to 9 a.m. and non-residential properties are permitted from 4 to 9 a.m. All hoses must have an automatic shut-off device. Edible plants are exempt from regulations.
Did you know? Water use can increase by 50% in Summer and early Fall, largely due to lawn watering. Outdoor water restrictions are implemented annually from May 1 to October 15 to support and promote sustainable water use.
Learn more about all stages of lawn watering restrictions at whiterockcity.ca/waterrestrictions