A Public Hearing was held for an application for a Liquor Primary Licence at 15165 Russell Avenue made by Galaxie Craft Brewhouse. Later in the evening Council supported this proposal and will be sending their support to the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch of B.C. with the following suggested conditions:
- Hours of liquor service to be limited to 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
- Operating hours for the outdoor patio area be limited to no later than 9 p.m. on Monday through Saturday and 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Live entertainment ceases not less than one (1) hour before the end of liquor service.
- Have the applicant provide / erect screening for the patio space in relation to the nearby daycare.
Two (2) delegations appeared before Council:
- Members from United Velo Cycling Club made a presentation to propose a community fun race up Oxford Street hill in June.
- Representative from Peace Arch Elementary School attended to discuss their proposal for a rainbow crosswalk in front of the school, noting fundraising is being done for this.
Council endorsed changes to the following policies:
- Recognition and Strategic Messages
- List of cultural and community observances that Council will recognize annually with a message to the community
- White Rock Pier Lighting
- A standard list of annual occasions recognized by pier lighting and not-for-profit booking requests for lighting to take place annually from October 1 to November 30
- Amendments to the policy including having grants reviewed by Council, rather than a separate committee
- Corporate Vision/Mission/Values Policy
Bylaws Receiving Final Reading
The White Rock Financial Plan Bylaw (for the period of 2023-2027) received final reading, together with the associated bylaws for the 2023 Property Tax and Utility Rates.
Learn more about the Financial Plan: